Cucumber & Watercress SandwichPrep: 15 min Servings: 4by B Innes83 recipes>
Great for an afternoon tea or as a light lunch or dinner with a bowl of your favorite soup.
- These ingredients are for 4 Sandwiches:
- 8 slices of bread (Your Choice)
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1-2 Tbs Chopped dill
- 1 large English cucumber peeled or
- 1 large cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1-2 cups washed and dried watercress stems removed
- salt & pepper to taste
- Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Add the dill and about a ¼ teaspoon each of salt & pepper. Whisk briskly to combine, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Take the peeled cucumber and on a mandoline slice them as thin as you can without them losing their shape.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over one side of all eight slices of bread. Arrange the cucumbers by overlapping in rows to cover 4 bread slices completely. Lightly salt & pepper the cucumbers. Now arrange a layer of watercress over the cucumbers. Top with the other slices of bread.
- For truly traditional sandwich cut the crusts off and then in 4- 6 pieces depending on how big your bread is. Each section should be a "2 bite" piece.
Leave a review or comment