Crunchy Lentil Salad
- 1 c. dry lentils
- 1 1/2 c. crunchy fresh sm. sprouts
- 1/2 c. fresh mint leaves, coarsely minced
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped orange zest
- 1 teaspoon curry pwdr
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- 1. Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil and add in lentils. Reduce heat and simmer till crisp-tender, about 30 min.
- 2. Drain the lentils, rinse them under cool water and pat dry. Place them in a salad bowl and add in all the remaining ingredients. Toss well to combine.
- 3. Cover and chill for several hrs (to develop the flavors) before serving. 4 to 6 portions.
Leave a review or comment