Crunchy Homemade Granola
Yummo! Enjoy this by itself, as your cereal, with yogurt...
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water or apple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried sweetened cranberries or other dried fruit like cherries, raisins, pineapple
- Heat oven to 300 degrees; in a large bowl stir together oats, wheat germ, nuts, sesame seeds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the oil, honey, and water (juice). Toss the mixture until the ingredients are well combined then spread it evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Bake the granola for 45 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring â tossing every 10-15 minutes, keeping the mixture from sticking.
- Let it cool completely, then stir in the cranberries or dried fruit. I usually bake it longer because I like it a little more crunchy!
Leave a review or comment