Crockpot Split Pea SoupPrep: 15 min Cook: 7 hours Servings: 6by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
We're split pea soup fans and have a number of recipes. But we've never tried it in our slow cooker before. This simple recipe turned out wonderfully. If you're looking for a classic, flavorful split pea soup, this will more than do the trick.
- 7 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split peas, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lbs ham shanks or smoked ham hocks
- Mix all ingredients except ham in 5 qt slow cooker, then add ham.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8 to 10 hrs or on high heat 6 to 7 hours until the peas are tender.
- Remove the ham from the crockpot and place it on the cutting board.
- Pull meat from bones, discard bones and skin, and stir the ham into soup. Stir well before serving.
Leave a review or comment