Crock-Pot Short RibsPrep: 15 min Cook: 11 hours Servings: 10by Beth Roan118 recipes>
These were soooo good. This will definitely make it into our regular rotation.
- 4 pounds beef short ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 52 oz beef broth, cooking stock
- 5 ribs celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lb bag peeled baby carrots
- 8 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Rub the outside of the short ribs with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a large skillet over high heat, brown short ribs on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker and add the beef stock. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Add potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. Continue cooking on low for 5 hours. Before serving, remove one cup of liquid from slow cooker and whisk in cornstarch until smooth. Return to crock-pot, mix well and serve.
Leave a review or comment