Crock Pot Irish Stew for St. Patrick's DayPrep: 25 min Cook: 6 hours Servings: 8by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Crock Pot Irish Stew for St. Patrick's Day is simple, traditional and delicious; the ultimate in comfort food!
- 3 to 4 Pound Bottom Round Roast, fat trimmed and cut into 1″ cubes
- 4 Large Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 Stalks Celery, sliced
- 6 Yellow Potatoes, cubed
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, sliced
- 6 Cloves Garlic, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 15 Oz. Can of Peas, drained
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pepper, divided
- 2 Tsp. Sea Salt, divided
- 4 Tbsp. Dried Oregano, divided
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 2 1/2 Cups Water or Low Sodium Beef Broth
- Trim fat from roast and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Clean carrots and celery and slice to about 1/4″ thickness. Wash potatoes (no need to peel yellow/golden potatoes) and cut into 1″ cubes. Clean onion; cut in half and slice (about 1/4″ slices). Clean garlic and roughly chop.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet and heat to medium high. Add beef and brown on all sides, seasoning with half of the oregano, salt and pepper. Add carrots, celery and garlic to pan. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place meat and vegetable mixture in a 6 to 8 quart crockpot. Add potatoes, onion and peas.
- Pour in red wine and beef broth or water.
- Add horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley.
- Stir well and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve with crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
Leave a review or comment