Creole Potato saladPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 10by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Creole Potato Salad is a delicious and different style of potato salad, that would make a hit for your summer and spring barbecues and picnics. A spicy Creole side dish featuring, green onions, tomatoes and of course potatoes with a Creole mustard, mayonnaise and sour cream dressing. It is a generally healthy, low calories, low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (4) PointsPlus recipe. Can easily be adapted for a a healthier recipe.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Creole mustard
- 1/2 tsp, (or more if desired), Creole seasoning
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- Place potatoes in lightly salted water to cover in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain, then quarter potatoes.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, Creole seasoning and sugar together in a large bowl until well blended. Add in the warm potatoes; toss to coat well. Add in tomatoes and green onions; toss lightly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Leave a review or comment