Creamy Roasted Onion DipPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by "Cheffie Cooks"518 recipes>
Delicious Dip for any occasion. Roasted Caramelized onions, cream cheese, chilled over-night for the best results. Serve with pita chips, veggies.
- 16 ounce weight cream cheese
- one large Vidalia (Sweet) onion-diced-roasted
- 3 tablespoons sweet cream butter
- one tablespoon iodized salt
- one tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoon real mayonnaise
- In a baking dish (shallow-I use a pyrex pie plate) add diced Vidalia onion, butter, salt, black pepper and place into a 425 F hot oven, bake 25 minutes (until caramelized) remove from oven.
- While the diced onions caramelize add cream cheese into a mixing bowl, add real mayonnaise and stir, stir, stir to combine. Using a hand held mixer on low speed cream together. Set aside.
- Remove onions from baking dish and add into cream cheese mixture and stir well to combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator over-night.
- Delicious served with fresh veggie platter, or homemade pita chips.
Leave a review or comment