Creamy Potato and Peppered Bacon SoupPrep: 25 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 10by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Nothing beats a piping hot bowl of Creamy Potato and Peppered Bacon Soup on a cold winter night! Here is a simple, no fuss, family favorite! Try this for dinner tonight! Comfort food at it's best!
- 2 Large Cans Chicken Broth (48 oz. each)
- (optional: 2 large chicken thighs and 3 quarts of water)
- 1/2 Pound of Peppered Bacon
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 12 to 14 Medium Red and Gold Potatoes
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dried Oregano
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Chives
- In a large stockpot, combine two large chicken thighs and 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil over high heat and turn to medium high. Let cook for about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove chicken from water and save for another recipe. Wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks. Add to boiling water. Roughly chop onion and add to the pot. If you are using canned broth, simply bring to a boil and add the potatoes and onion. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and oregano. Cook, over medium high heat, for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until nicely browned. Drain on paper towels. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the pot.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add flour and stir.
- Slowly add milk, whisking constantly until mixture thickens, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour into soup. Cook and stir over medium high heat for an additional 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve with a green salad and soft French bread. Serves 8 to 10
Leave a review or comment