Creamy Multiple Mushroom SoupPrep: 20 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 9by Homemade & Yummy154 recipes>
A rich creamy mushroom soup that makes a great lunch or dinner. Serve with nice homemade bread. The addition of multiple mushrooms (fresh and dried) adds earthiness. The cream cheese makes it soooo nice and thick!!
- 7 cups fresh mushrooms (your choice of variety)
- 1/2 cup dried mushrooms (your choice of variety)
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. butter (to saute)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (to saute)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/2 block cream cheese (room temperature)
- Soak the dried mushroom in the white wine for approximately 1/2 hour. Reserve wine.
- Chop (fresh and dried) mushrooms.
- To the stock pot add butter and olive oil
- Saute onions with thyme until soft. Add mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add wine, salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Add broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Reserve a bit of stock in a bowl, then puree the soup with an immersion blender.
- Melt butter in a small pot.
- Add flour and blend till smooth.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Add mixture to pureed soup and cook for 10 minutes until thickened.
- To the reserved stock add the room temperature cream cheese to melt.
- Whisk the cream cheese into the soup.
- Cook additional 5 minutes.
Leave a review or comment