Cream of Broccoli SoupPrep: 10 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 6by Ashley Tozer33 recipes>
Amazingly EASY & DELICIOUS cream of broccoli soup which was EVEN BETTER when I had it for leftovers two days after making.
- 1 Bunch Broccoli
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth [If you have no chicken broth you can use chicken bouillon cubes, and if you have none of those you can just use water but I would recommend adding some extra spices]
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2 Medium Onions, Chopped
- 2 Ribs Celery, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced [You could add more if you want but this soup already has such a great flavor you wouldn't want to mask it too much!]
- 1/2 Cup Whole wheat Flour
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and trim broccoli, peeling away the toughest part of the stem. Break or cut off the florets. Slice the stems.
- Cook the broccoli in the chicken broth until tender.
- Saute the onions, celery and garlic in the butter until browned and soft.
- Gradually stir flour into butter mixture until it becomes much like a paste.
- Then, slowly add the milk, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter mixture, as well as the salt and pepper, and herbs to the broccoli and chicken broth.
- Continue cooking over low heat until soup thickens and boils. [Be patient. If you have the time for it, simmer for at least an hour until it thickens up nicely]
Leave a review or comment