Crawfish Mousse Stuffed Zucchini Flowers
- 1/2 lb cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 lb Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp finely-minced parsley
- 1/4 c. butter room temperature
- 2 tsp brandy
- 1/2 x lemon juiced Salt to taste Freshly-grnd white pepper to taste
- 1 dsh Crystal Warm Sauce
- 10 x zucchini flowers - (to 12)
- 1 c. flour Creole seasoning
- 1 x egg
- 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 1 c. dry fine bread crumbs
- 2 c. Lemon Butter Sauce hot, see * Note Oil for frying
- In a food processor, add in the cream cheese and puree till smooth. Add in the crawfish and process till the mix is smooth, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add in the garlic, onion, parsley, butter, brandy and lemon juice. Process till the mix is smooth again, another minute. Season with salt, white pepper and warm sauce.
- Spoon the mix into the pastry bag. Pipe the filling into the center of each flower, pressing the flower firmly into the filling and sealing completely. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and season with Creole seasoning. Place the egg and lowfat milk in a shallow bowl. Season with Creole seasoning and mix well. Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl and season with Creole seasoning.
- Carefully dredge each zucchini flower in the flour. Dip each flower in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. Dredge the flowers in the bread crumbs, coating completely. Fry the flowers in batches till golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Creole seasoning.
- To serve, spoon the Lemon Butter Sauce in the center of each plate. Place the flowers in the center of the sauce. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment