Cranberry SaucePrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 8by Cheryl Norman6 recipes>
Why eat that jellied stuff in a can when fresh, homemade cranberry sauce is easy to make? It keeps in the fridge a couple of weeks if it lasts that long, but mine usually doesn't. I love it as a condiment on leftover turkey sandwiches.
- A 10-12 oz. bag cranberries (look in the produce section at the grocery)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- (Optional) 1Tbsp. Orange zest
- Rinse cranberries.
- In a 1-qt. saucepan combine water, sugar, and salt.
- Stir to combine over medium low heat.
- Add optional orange zest.
- Add cranberries, cover, and simmer over low heat about 15 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Optional: process cooked cranberry sauce In a blender for smooth sauce. (I prefer whole berries)
- Refrigerate until time to serve.
Leave a review or comment