Cranberry, Kale and Cornbread DressingPrep: 30 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 8by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This dressing is so good and pretty that you will want to make it again and again, even if it isn't Thanksgiving. Cranberry, Kale and Corn Bead Dressing is also great as a side dish for roasted chicken, duck and pork. Make this dressing with homemade or purchased day old corn bread, or use packaged corn bread stuffing mix.
- 7 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Cups Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cups Celery, Chopped
- 6 Cups Kale, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Sage, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 10 Cups Day-Old Cornbread, Coarsely Crumbled
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Heat oven to 325ºF. Spray 3-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add kale; cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently. Stir in sage, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Combine corn bread and cranberries in large bowl; stir in onion mixture and broth.
- Place dressing in dish; cover with foil. (Dressing can be made 4 hours ahead; refrigerate.) Bake, alongside turkey, during last 45 to 60 minutes of turkey baking time, removing foil during last 15 minutes to crisp top of dressing.
- Note: If using packaged corn bread stuffing mix use the following: Reduce poultry seasoning to 1 teaspoon and use 1 1/4 cups chicken broth.
Leave a review or comment