Crab Salad in Lettuce CupsPrep: 20 min Servings: 8by Dean Grason6 recipes>
Light crab salad dressed up with avocado, parsley, cocktail sauce & a lemon wedge served in a butter lettuce cup to make it finger-friendly.
- 1 pound shelled cooked crab
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white or black pepper to taste
- 16 medium butter lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
- 1 avocado, cut into 16 thin slices
- 1 teaspoon cocktail sauce
- 1 lemon, sliced into small wedges
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together crab, mayonnaise, parsley, onion, and sugar until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste, then chill until ready to serve.
- 2. Arrange lettuce on a large platter. Place about 2 tbsp. crab mixture onto center of each leaf. Top each with a slice of avocado, about 1/8 tsp. cocktail sauce, a lemon wedge, and salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a review or comment