crab ravioli with grilled lobster in saffron cream saucePrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 2by Seduction Meals103 recipes>
For a luscious meal that can be made in 1/2 hour, this recipe has always been a sure thing.
- SAFFRON CREAM SAUCE
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 good pinches saffron threads
- 2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp of cayanne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chives
- CRAB RAVIOLI
- 1 dozen crab ravioli
- I used all natural crab ravioli from The Ravioli Store
- 1/2 lb of fresh, cooked lobster meat, preferably with two small lobster tails
- cut the lobster tails in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/8 cup of dry white wine
- saffron cream sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook until translucent. De-glaze by ading wine; cooking and stirring until wine evaporates--about 3 minutes. Add cream and saffron. Lower heat and simmer, cooking until sauce has reduced to just about half. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat. Finish with a pinch of cayenne pepper. Stir. Set aside.
- Cook lobster ravioli per directions. Drain
- While ravioli is cooking, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add lobster pieces and toss to coat with butter. Add wine. Cook until you have nice medium brown color on the white meat, carefully flipping the skillet, or stirring, to cook lobster on all sides--about 3 - 4 minutes. Set aside
- plating the dish
- Reheat the sauce, if necessary. Add 3-4 tablespoons of sauce on each plate. Place 3-5 ravioli on top--depending upon whether you are serving this as an appetizer or a main course. Spoon the sauce over ravioli. Top with a few pieces of the lobster meat. Garnish with snipped chives and a strand of chives that you will a lay on top and across the entire dish. If you like a little kick, sprinkle with a tiny bit of cayenne pepper. Another great garnish would be caviar or tobiko--I'll have to try that next time.
- Serve this with a chilled bottle of Chablis and wait for the praise and adoration to follow.
Leave a review or comment