Cowgirl's Cowboy CaviarPrep: 10 min Servings: 8by Smokinhotchef377 recipes>
Packed with zing and superfood ingredients, this take on Cowboy Caviar is sure to please. Super fresh ingredients send this recipe from a trot to an all out gallop! Not to mention it's vegetarian and delicious! Sometimes those two words don't go hand in hand. This is a fabulous supplement to any tex-mex meal or side-car to chicken and pork. Will stand alone as a wonderful and enriching chunky dip for chips- pita or tortilla. Almost too satisfying to be this easy. Super-simple, simply delicious!!!
- 1 15 oz. can good quality black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz. fresh or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 c. fresh spinach, jullienned
- 1/2 c. cocktail onions, roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. mexican crumbling cheese
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. good quality olive oil
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss until well blended and coated. Adjust seasonings to taste. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to let flavors marry.
Leave a review or comment