Country style ribs and vegetables--Slow CookedPrep: 20 min Cook: 240 min Servings: 6by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
These tender country style ribs, slow cooked with tomatoes, peppers and onions, are yummy. We served them with a heap of pasta flavored with garlic and olive oil. Rice or a crusty bread, possibly even corn bread, would be yummy too.
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh basil torn into pieces, or 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 lbs boneless pork country style ribs
- In crock-pot combine tomatoes with liquid, celery, green pepper, onion, tapioca, sugar, dried basil (if using dry), salt, black pepper, hot sauce, and garlic. Add ribs and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or on high heat for 4-5 hours.
- Transfer meat to serving platter. Skim fat from sauce if needed. If using fresh basil, stir into sauce now. Serve meat onto or next to noodles, and pour sauce over meat, noodles, or both!
Leave a review or comment