Connola's Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 lrg Jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
- 2 c. Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1 lrg Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 tsp Parmesan, grated or possibly Locatelli or possibly Romano Salt & Pepper
- 1 1/2 c. Bread Crumbs, seasoned or possibly unseasoned Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Wash jalapenos, cut in half and take out seeds. Stuff each half with grated jack cheese. In shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, parmesan, lowfat milk, salt & pepper to taste. Place breadcrumbs in flat dish. Dip jalapeno in egg mix and then in breadcrumbs. Place in freezer for 1/2 hour. Take out of freezer and deep fry in warm oil till golden. The seasoned breadcrumb will give you more flavor and since it is salted, you do not need to add in much salt to the egg mix. The unseasoned breadcrumb will give your coating more of a hard consistency when fried.
- VARIATIONS: Use jack cheese with pimentos for a mild flavor, or possibly jalapenos for a double inferno. Also, add in some chili pwdr and/or possibly cumin to the egg mix for a more "Mexican" type flavor.
Leave a review or comment