Congee With Bok Choy (Two Rice)
- 1/2 c. long-grain white rice
- 1/4 c. glutinous rice
- 8 1/2 c. cool water
- 1 lrg bok choy head separated (into white stalks and leaves)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or possibly more
- 2 tsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 pch white pepper
- 1 slc fresh ginger to taste
- 1 tsp scallion oil (peanut oil infused with green onions)
- Place both kinds of rice in a large pot. Wash rice under water 3 times, rubbing between hands then draining each time.
- Return rice to pot, add in water, cover and bring to boil. Leave lid open a crack. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs stirring occasionally to prevent rice from sticking to bottom of pot. Cook till rice thickens almost to consistency of porridge.
- As rice is cooking, wash bok choy stalks and leaves. Cut leaves into 1/4-by-4-inch slices, and stalks into 1/4-inch pcs.
- About 7 min before rice is completely cooked, add in bok choy stalks, salt, soy sauce, pepper and ginger. Mix together thoroughly and bring congee to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, add in bok choy leaves and cook for 2 to 3 min longer. Turn off heat, then add in scallion oil and stir well into mix. Serve warm. 4 to 6 servings.
- ReviewedOriginal recipe did not say how much oil: with 1 tsp., 1 serving has
Leave a review or comment