"Color Splashed -Veggie Delight Vermicelli Upma"Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by shruthisingh411 recipes>
Vermicelli Upma has been my Fav since childhood....i like just dote on this one(a famous south indian speciality)...;) when it came to introducing it to my daughter i was a bit nervous...!! " Will she like it as much as i do"[ Pssst: Makes life simpler when majority at home loves one dish..;) hope hubby is not reading this line..Whooops...... i spilled the beans;)..]. She had proved me wrong on several occasions and all through everyone would say...she follows her dad...Mmmmarrrghhh...the amount of jealousy would be like tones of oil added to a forest which is already burning mad...!!(Kidding...i'm happy she takes after him on most things since he's a picky but healthy eater..!!). Well on this one she surprised me...was i glad to see her eat it happily...Oh you bet i am...i loaded it with veggies to make it look more appealing to her lil twinkling eyes...and as the twinkled i had myself all sparkling & beaming with utmost happiness and joy...!! A very simple recipe, and healthy too...since vermicelli comes from wheat plus to top the veggies..make the dish look really colorful and inviting...hope this helps most of you...let's get moving..;). I'm sure you and your kids will love this one...[psst: i always add potatoes & broccoli since they are my personal fav...but i haven't added them in this recipe since many don't like them much, however.., you can add any veggies your kids like of your choice;)].
- 2 Cups:Wheat Vermicelli.
- 2 Tbsp:Olive Oil(You could use any of your choice).
- 1 ( Medium Sized):Onion(Finely chopped).
- 1 Tbsp:Grated Ginger.
- 3 Nos:Green/Red fresh chillies(slit, i used the red variety just for it's colorful appearance).
- 1 Large:Green/Red Capsicum(Roughly chopped, i used green).
- 3 Tbsp:Sweet Corn Kernels(Fresh).
- 8-10:French green Beans(fresh).
- 3-4 Tbsp: Green Peas: Fresh.
- 1 Large:Carrot(cut into julienne's).
- 1 Tsp:Channa dal.
- 1/2 Tsp: Mustard seed's.
- Salt:to taste.
- Boil vermicelli in about 4 cups of water and wash, sieve and set aside(so they stay separate).
- Take a Kadai/or Non-stick deep bottomed pan, add oil and heat,splutter mustard seed's,add Channa Dal next add grated ginger.
- Add chopped Onions allow it to sautÃ©,add the chopped chillies then add the green peas,sweet corn,chopped carrots,capsicum,green French beans or any veggies of your preference;).
- Add salt to taste and allow the veggies to cook a bit.
- Finally add the cooked vermicelli,close and cook for 5 mins.
- Serve hot..;)) Enjoy...!!
Leave a review or comment