Cold Noodles With Grilled Asparagus And Peanut Sauce
- 1 lb fresh linguine
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced green onion
- 1 c. shredded onion
- 3/4 lb asparagus
- 1/3 c. dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 c. crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 c. sesame oil
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 2 x garlic, cloves, minced
- 5 Tbsp. Asian warm oil
- 4 tsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sherry wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Cook the linguine for 2-3 min. Drain and in a large bowl toss with sesame oil. Chill.
- Brush the asparagus with oil and grill till browned, about 6 min. Angle cut the asparagus into 1/2 " pcs.
- Add in the dressing to the noodles and add in asparagus and half the green onions. Toss with noodles and sprinkle carrots, remaining green onions and peanuts over dish.
- Peanut Sauce:In a food processor, combine the peanut butter, sesame oil, chicken broth, garlic, warm oil, brown sugar, vinegar and ginger and process till smooth.
Leave a review or comment