Cold Carrot Soup With Indian Spices
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 2 tsp curry pwdr
- 1/4 tsp grnd coriander
- 1/4 tsp grnd cardamom
- 4 c. minced carrots sliced 1-inch thick
- 3 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. plain low-fat yogurt
- 1. In 3-qt nonstick saucepan, heat oil. Add in onion and saute/fry till soft, about 5 min.
- 2. Add in curry pwdr, coriander and cardamom; cook and stir 1 minute. Add in carrots and broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 20 min, or possibly till carrots are tender. Strain broth into a large bowl.
- 3. In food processor or possibly blender, puree carrots with part of the broth till smooth.
- Stir puree into broth.
- Cover and chill till well chilled.
- Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. yogurt; garnish with carrot curl and mint sprig, if you like.
- NOTES :
- 1. The carrots should be pared, then minced into 1" chunks.
- 2. Optional: garnish with carrot curls and mint sprigs.
- 3. Weight Watchers Program - 3/4 c. serving provides 1/2 fat, 2
Leave a review or comment