Cognac Shrimp RecipePrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Evelyn Scott106 recipes>
Delicious shrimp with buttery cognac sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 10 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shrimp, rinsed and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons cognac
- Simmer the shallots, white wine, and lemon juice in a small saucepan over low-medium heat for 10 minutes, until the mixture is reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
- Add the cream and bring to just under a simmer.
- When the first few bubbles rise, turn the heat down very slightly and add the 24 tablespoons of butter, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly. Be sure to allow one pat of butter to melt completely before adding the next.
- Once the butter is fully incorporated, season the sauce with white pepper and set aside.
- In a skillet over high heat, melt 5 tablespoons of butter, and then sautÃ© shrimp, turning a few times until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and season the shrimp with salt.
- Carefully add the Cognac(it may flame) and stir thoroughly.
- Spoon the warm sauce over the hot shrimp and serve.
- Delicious served over pasta.
Leave a review or comment