Cod Cannelloni With Silverbeet And Roasted Pepper
- 2 c. Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 4 lrg Squa or possibly 8 small rectangular sheets of, (no-boil) lasagne instant
- 2 c. Flaked cooked cod, (such as from Roast Cod with Potatoes, Onions and Olives
- 1 1/2 c. Silverbeet with Roasted Pepper
- 1/3 c. Minced fresh basil leaves plus basil sprigs for garnish Freshly grated Parmesan as an accompaniment
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spread the tomato sauce in the bottoms of 4 individual gratin dishes or possibly in the bottom of a shallow baking dish just large sufficient to hold 8 cannelloni in one layer. In a saucepan heat the butter over moderately low heat, whisk in the flour, and cook the roux, whisking, for 3 min. Add in the lowfat milk in a stream, whisking, simmer the bechamel, whisking constantly, for 2 min, and season it with salt and pepper. Transfer the bechamel to a bowl and let it cold, covered. In a pan of warm water let the sheets of lasagne soak for 10 to 15 min, or possibly till they are softened. To the bechamel add in the cod, the Silverbeet with roasted pepper, the minced basil, and salt and pepper to taste and combine the mix well.
- If using the square lasagne sheets halve each sheet to create 2 rectangles. Working with 1 rectangle at a time, spread about 1/3 c. of the cod mix lengthwise down the center of each sheet, beginning with a long side roll up the sheet to enclose the filling, leaving both ends open, and arrange 2 cannelloni, seam sides down, in each dish, spooning some of the tomato sauce over them. Bake the cannelloni, covered with foil, in the middle of the oven for 230 to 25 min, or possibly till they are heated through, garnish them with the basil sprigs, and serve them with the Parmesan.
- Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment