Coconut Pecan CookiesPrep: 20 min Cook: 11 min Servings: 45by Salad Foodie390 recipes>
A search on the Internet for a coconut pecan cookie recipe brought a few candidates forward and fortunately the first I tested was a slam-dunk. This is chewy, somewhat crunchy and divinely coconutty. I stayed very close to the original and glad it turned out so well. Kudos to Mike at his betterbaking.com blog for this toothsome cookie recipe.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract (or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract)
- 1 rounded cup pecans, chopped and toasted lightly
- 3 cups coconut, lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, brown and granulated sugars together with electric mixer until light and fluffy, Add egg, vanilla and coconut extract (or almond extract) and beat well.
- Stir in flour mixture, pecans and coconut and mix until combined well.
- Scoop dough by lightly rounded tablespoons and arrange on prepared baking sheets, two to three inches apart to allow for spread.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are lightly browned (see photo). Remove from oven and cool baking sheet on rack 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pan to rack and finish cooling to room temperature.
- Yield 3 ½ - 4 dozen.
Leave a review or comment