Coconut BlondiesPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 24by Parsley Sage14 recipes>
So there's a tropical wave disrupting my ever-flowing sun. 'Variable cloudiness and showers can be expected through tonight.' I got soaked sprinting to my spinning class. Aren't wet socks the worst? Despite the soggy socks, I'm actually happy to see the rain. My poor aloe vera plants have curled up, my hibiscus blossoms are droopy and even my coconut trees are looking a little peaked after some painfully dry months. But its hurricane season now and since we don't have a winter in Cayman, this is as close as I'm gonna get to 'comfort food weather.' Bring on the blondies!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 13 x 9 baking pan. in a small bowl, with wire whisk, stir flour, baking powder and salt.
- In 3 quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat. With wooden spoon, stir in brown sugar and vanilla; add eggs, stirring until well blended. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture just until blended. Stir in pecans. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Do not overbake; blondies will firm as they cool. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, cut lengthwise into 4 stripes, then cut strip crosswise into 6 pieces. Makes 24 blondies.
Leave a review or comment