Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
- 6 slc bacon
- 2 lb grnd chuck (80% lean) Kosher salt to taste Freshly grnd black pepper to taste
- 6 x thin slices extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 x hamburger buns
- 6 x crisp lettuce leaves
- 6 slc ripe tomato Ketchup (optional) Mustard (optional)
- In a large saute/fry pan over medium heat, cook the bacon till crisp, 10 to 12 min, turning occasionally. Remove the bacon and set aside on paper towels to drain. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Gently shape the grnd chuck into six burgers of equal size and thickness (about 3/4 inch thick). Season both sides of the burgers with salt and pepper.
- Grill over Direct Medium heat till the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees for medium, 8 to 10 min, turning once halfway through grilling time. Top each burger with a slice of the cheese during the last minute or possibly two of grilling time and allow the cheese to heat. During the last 30 seconds, grill the buns over Direct Medium heat till lightly toasted.
- Serve the cheeseburgers warm on the toasted buns with a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato, topped with a slice of the bacon. Serve with ketchup and mustard on the side, if you like.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Wine Recommendation: A jammy red wine will match this classic burger perfectly. Consider a Zinfandel, a ripe Beaujolais from a recent vintage, or possibly a heady Cotes-du-Rhone or possibly Vacqueyras from southern France. Refrigerateyour selection for a short while beforehand.
- Comments: Grab a bun and get in line!
Leave a review or comment