Clams steamed in white wine and garlicPrep: 5 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 3by Cara Fernicola25 recipes>
Picture it... warm summer night at ther jersey shore. Spent all day at the beach, you come home shower and put on your best outfit to bring out your hot new tan (..or sun burn..). You're ready to go out and get some delish food and a good drink to end the perfect day soaking up the sun. Well I dont know about you all, but seafood and nice cocktail are my favorite things to enjoy after a nice long day in the sun. This recipe is my treat to myself when Im craving those summer nights...
- 24-48 clams (depends on how many your feeding.. but I can def put down atleast 15 - 20!)
- 3-5 cloves garlic chopped (again..depends what ya like, i like extra garlic)
- 1 whole bottle of white wine (no need to break the bank.. a bottle of yellow tail, barefoot is good $8-9 retail)
- 1 tbsp butter
- place wine, garlic, butter in a pot, simmer for about 5 min (or till the little bubbles start coming up)
- Place the clams into the boiling liquid of delishisness...
- Let them hang out in the pool until they start to open up..
- Turn off the stove and cover for 5 min.
- ....I like to serve this dish with garlic bread (fresh baked italian bread, butter, fresh garlic, slice the italian bread in half, spread room temp butter, and chopped garlic, bake in preheated at 350 for 10 min.
Leave a review or comment