Citrus ScallopsPrep: 5 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
The bright color of the red bell pepper and oranges, combined with lime juice; give these scallops a refreshing burst of flavor.
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, Cut Into This Strips
- 4 Whole Scallions, Sliced Thinly
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Lb. Sea Scallops
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Tsp. Lime Zest
- 4 Medium Navel Oranges, Peeled and Sectioned (Tip)
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large skillet, sauté the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and peel; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- Add orange sections; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta. Garnish with cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Cook's Tip: You can substitute 1 large can mandarin oranges, drained for the navel orange sections.
Leave a review or comment