Christmas Jewels (Fruit Cake Cookies)Prep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 60by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
A munchy spice cookie with loads of nuts. Mixed candied fruit adds the “jewel tones,” moisture and softness. These perky and tasty nuggets won’t last long on the cookie platter.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups mixed diced candied fruit
- 2 cups nuts chopped (I used walnuts)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat together butter, sugar, molasses and egg in large mixing bowl.
- Measure flour by sifting (lazy me, I just stirred it well to aerate it then measured and leveled it.)
- In medium mixing bowl measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, mace, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. Stir well.
- Blend flour mixture into butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in candied fruit and nuts using a large wooden spoon (mixture will be thick.)
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart on lightly sprayed baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes before removing cookies to wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Leave a review or comment