Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana BreadPrep: 10 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 12by Culinary Envy188 recipes>
This decadently easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread is the moistest, most flavorful banana bread and starts with a cake mix!
- 1 (15.25 oz) box chocolate cake mix (I used devil’s food)
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup water
- 1½ cups peanut butter chips
- Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, mashed bananas and water in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer or whisk until well blended, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the peanut butter chips. Evenly divide the batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove and let finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- For the peanut butter glaze: Combine the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and half and half in a bowl and whisk until smooth. It should be about as thick as pancake batter; if it's too thick, just add a little more cream.
- Pour some of the glaze over each loaf and let set for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Leave a review or comment