Chocolate MoussePrep: 15 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 2by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
I thought of many desert recipes for the Valentine's Day but I myself never prefer to get into baking mess at the last minute of my romantic meal so Chocolate Mousse is perfect desert for me when you want to sit, relax and enjoy your desert rather than concentrating on your oven. Prepare Chocolate Mousse the day before, pop it into the fridge and simply serve after the dinner with fresh strawberries.
- ⅓ Cup Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp water
- ¼ Tsp Coffee
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Egg, separated
- 2 Tbsp regular granulated sugar
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peak forms and keep in fridge until required.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes or until it becomes thick and pale in color and the sugar dissolves, set aside.
- In a double boiler add the chocolate, water, coffee and butter and over very low heat, cook everything together just until the chocolate melts. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon ¼ of the chocolate into the egg yolk mixture to temper and mix it just enough to combine.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the small bowl over the simmering water in the saucepan (double boiler) with the remaining chocolate mixture, add the vanilla extract and stir constantly, cook over low heat for a couple minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Let it cool for a few minutes stirring frequently.
- In a small clean and dry bowl, whisk the egg white until it forms stiff peaks. Fold the egg white gently without deflating in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped heavy cream being careful not to over mix otherwise the heavy cream will lose its texture.
- Pour the mixture into the serving glass, cover with a cling foil and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 to 6 hours or best overnight. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment