Chocolate-Mascarpone Mousse CupcakesPrep: 15 min Cook: 20-25 min Servings: 36by Angellove's Cooking10 recipes>
- For the cupcakes:
- 100 g (3.5 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 160 g (5.5 oz) Mascarpone (1/3 package of 500 g (17.5oz))
- 1 ½ cup sweetened whipping cream
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 g (0.35) baking powder
- 1 cup chopped almonds (or any other nuts)
- For the Icing:
- 1 cup sweetened whipping cream
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- The Cupcakes:
- Place an oven rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the unsweetened chopped chocolate, unsalted butter and the heavy cream in a small saucepan and set the saucepan over a pan of simmering water and cook. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted. Leave to cool.
- Whisk in a mixer bowl the sweetened whipping cream on high speed until soft picks form.
- Add gradually the mascarpone cheese until the mixture gets smooth.
- Fold gently the Mascarpone mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the sugar, sunflower oil, eggs, and vanilla in a mixer bowl for a minute.
- Fold the chocolate mascarpone mixture into the eggs mixture and whisk oh a low speed for about 30 seconds.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide the batter among the prepared cupcake pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out with no crumbs attached.
- Cool the cupcakes completely before dipping.
- The Icing:
- Whisk the sweetened cream with a mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream gradually and keep whisking on lower speed until well blended.
- Add the grated zest to the half of the Creamy mousse and mix well.
- Add the cocoa powder to the other half and stir until completely blended.
- Pipe on icing with favorite tip and serve.
Leave a review or comment