Chocolate Ginger Crunch Cake
Tasty Chocolate Ginger Crunch Cake Recipe
- Serves 6 people
- • 150g / 5oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- • 50g / 2oz/ ¼ cup unsalted butter
- • 115g /4oz ginger nut biscuits
- • 4 pieces of preserved stem ginger
- • 30ml/ 2 tbsp stem ginger syrup
- • 45ml/ 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- To DECORATE
- • 25g/ 1oz milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- • pieces of crystallized ginger
- 1. Grease a 15 cm/6 in flan ring and place it on a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Melt the plain chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Crush the biscuits into small pieces. Tip them into a bowl.
- 3. Chop the stem ginger fairly finely and mix with the crushed ginger nut biscuits.
- 4. Stir the biscuit mixture, ginger syrup and coconut into the melted chocolate and butter, mixing well until evenly combined.
- 5. Tip the mixture into the prepared flan ring and press down firmly and evenly. Chill in the fridge until set.
- 6. Remove the flan ring and slide the cake on to a plate. Melt the milk chocolate, drizzle it over the top and decorate with the pieces of crystallized ginger.
Leave a review or comment