Chocolate Genoise Cake With Raspberry Filling
- 3/4 c. Cake flour
- 1/4 c. Cocoa pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1 pch Baking soda
- 6 x Large eggs
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 12 ounce Bittersweet chocolate minced
- 2 c. Homemade or possibly prepared raspberry filling
- 1 c. Heavy cream whipped Raspberries Mint sprigs Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Genoise: Into a small bowl sift together flour, cocoa pwdr, cornstarch and baking soda. In a large metal bowl set over barely simmering water, whisk Large eggs and sugar with a hand-held electric beater till thick, foamy and doubled in volume. Mix should form a ribbon when beaters are lifted. Make sure which mix does not get too warm and curdle Large eggs. Remove from heat and gently mix in flour mix till just combined. Mix in melted butter and pour into cake pan. Bake 20 min till cake is springy to touch. Cold in pan 10 min on a cake rack, turn out and cold completely.
- Ganache: In a small saucepan bring cream to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate. Let cold, stirring occasionally, till thickened, but still pourable.
- Assembly: Halve cake crosswise. On a cake rack set over a baking sheet, cover bottom cake layer with raspberry filling and replace top layer. Over center of cake pour ganache and smooth over top and sides with a palette knife till proportionately coated. Let icing set, about 1 hour. To decorate, pipe whipped cream as desired, arrange raspberries and mint and dust with powdered sugar.
- This recipe yields 10 servings.
- Comments: The original recipe title as listed is "Chocolate Genoise Cake With Raspberry Filling And Chocolate Ganache".
Leave a review or comment