Chocolate-Filled, Deep-Fried BananasPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 2by Celeste Jenkins4 recipes>
This is a warm, scrumptious treat that is sweet, chocolaty, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. In case you didn't know, both chocolate and bananas happen to be aphrodisiacs. Sizzle these two ingredients together and you're bound to have yourself and wonderful evening ahead.
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1 c milk chocolate, melted
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Red or pink decorating sugar (optional)
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Using a knife, carefully and gently cut out the centers of each banana half, cutting at a slight angle to form a cone-like shape. Remove and discard the centers.
- Drizzle the melted milk chocolate into the holes of each banana and fill them to the top. Set the filled bananas aside and allow to completely cool.
- While cooling, in a medium bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Dip each banana half into the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off and then coat evenly in the flour mixture.
- Fry the bananas for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown.
- Pour the optional decorating sugar on a serving plate and place the bananas on top. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Leave a review or comment