Chipotle Chile Salsa VerdePrep: 55 min Servings: 10by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
The relish-like salsa has a hot, smoky flavor that comes from the chipotle chilies.
- 3 Each Dried Chipotle Chilies
- 6 - 8 Whole Tomatillos or One 13-Oz. Can Tomatillos, Rinsed & Drained
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Thyme, Crushed
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- Cut dried peppers open; discard stems and seeds. Chop peppers into tiny pieces. Place in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 45 to 60 minutes to soften; drain well.
- Meanwhile, remove husks from fresh tomatillos; rinse. Finely chop the fresh or canned tomatillos (you should have about 2 cups). In a medium mixing bowl combine pepper pieces, chopped tomatillos, onion, thyme, garlic, brown sugar, and salt.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve as a dip for chips or as a condiment for grilled meats, hot dogs, burgers, steaks, or poultry.
- Make Ahead Tip: Spoon the salsa into a storage container. Cover and chill for up to 1 week.
- YIELD: 1 1/2 Cups Salsa
Leave a review or comment