Chilli PaneerPrep: 30 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
This Chilli Paneer recipe is quick and easy to make, and perfect for parties and quick weeknight dinners! Serve it with fried rice and you will have a delicious Indo- Chinese flavor inspired meal in few minutes.
- 200 gram Paneer (cottage cheese) cut into cubes
- 1 medium-size onion diced
- 1 medium - size capsicum diced
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 green chili cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Ingredients for the marinade
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the paneer cubes in corn flour, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and salt.
- Add a tablespoon of water if the marinade is too thick.
- Keep the marinated paneer in the fridge for at-least 30 minutes and maximum 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan. Shallow fry the paneer cubes until light golden in color from both the sides. Do not turn the paneer cubes more than once.
- Reserve the remaining liquid from the marinated paneer to be used later.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- In the same pan add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add onion, green chillies and stir-fry over a high flame for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add the soy sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, black pepper and 1/4 Cup of water. Mix well.
- Now add the reserved corn flour mixture from the marinade and the paneer cubes. Stir well.
- The sauce will start thickening now. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Once the sauce thickens, turn off the heat. Cover the pan with the lid and let the paneer absorb the flavor of the sauce for few minutes before serving.
- Garnish the chilli paneer with chopped spring onion greens.
- Serve Chilli Paneer with fried rice.
Leave a review or comment