Chili GuiseppePrep: 60 min Cook: 21/2 hours Servings: 10by J. Gino Genovesi60 recipes>
There ae many legends about the origin of Chili. rt was probably a meal for the poorest of people. Chili, as we know it in the U.S. is not found in Mexico, only those areas where tourists go.. The first written account of Chili Con Carne was recorded in the 17th century by Sister Mary of Agreda of Spain. Today chili is known throught the world and has so many variations. Chili Guiseppe is one that I serve.
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs ground beef cooked, drained
- 2 15 oz. cans red kidney beans , crushed
- 2 16 oz. cans of pork and beans , crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 T. sugar
- 2-3 T. chili powder
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup salsa
- 2-3 boiled eggs
- 1 cup chex mix
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 In cooker, pour crushed tomatoes, tomato juice, 1 cup of water and chili powder
- 2. Bring to boil for about 15 minutes
- 3. Add beef and the remaining ingredients except the tomato paste. Stir well to avoid sticking.
- 4. Turn down heat to medium. Add the tomato paste and let simmer about 2-3 hours, If chili appears to be too thick, add some water. Chili should be thick not watery.
- 5. With each serving, put some cheddar cheese on top. Slice an egg in each serving, and some chex mix.
- Serves 8
Leave a review or comment