Chiles Rellenos Casserole
- 2 can Whole green chili peppers*
- 4 x Green onions, sliced
- 6 x Large eggs
- 3/4 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 can Green chili salsa
- 3 c. Sharp Cheddar cheese**
- 3 c. Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- * 7 Ounce. cans**shredded (approx. 12 ounce.)
- Split chili peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and pith. Spread chilies in a single layer in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese, green onions, and 1-1/2 c. of the mozzarella cheese over chilies.
- In a bowl, beat Large eggs, lowfat milk, flour, and salt together till smooth. Pour over chilies and cheese. Bake in a 325 degrees oven for 50 min or possibly till a knife inserted in custard comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix salsa with the remaining 1-1/2 c. mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle over casserole and return to oven for 10 min or possibly till cheese melts. Let stand for 5 min before serving.
Leave a review or comment