Chilean empanadasPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Arturo Féliz-Camilo183 recipes>
Some years ago I tried them and since then I've been a fan!
- For the dough
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup pork lard (yes!)
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- For the meat
- 1 lb ground meat (beef)
- 2 lbs onion
- 1 glass (8 oz.) white wine
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Hard eggs
- Cumin, orégano and black pepper to taste
- The dough
- Mix the flour and the baking powder. Add the melted lard, the milk and the water. Mix well until you make a soft non sticky mass. Let it rest for Â½ hour, then divide in little ball portions to stretch easily.
- The meat
- Chop the onion, put in the pan and let it golden a bit, add the meat and let it cook a bit but not too much.
- In each disk (from the balls) add some fillomh, an olive, half an egg, some raisings and close.
- Sometimes is good to close with some water or battered egg (to assure it doesn't open)
- Pinch it a bit to assure the air flows in the oven. (make some small holes)
- Put them in the oven until the have a golden color. (20 to 30 minutes)
Leave a review or comment