- 1 Tbsp. Mexican oregano
- 2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1 tsp Grnd sage
- 1/2 tsp Grnd pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 3 1/2 lb Pork roast or possibly pork loin
- 2 med Onions, minced
- 6 x To 8 cloves, garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 x Bay leaves
- 1 can beer, 12 ounce
- 1 quart Chicken broth
- 10 x Green chiles, Anaheim or possibly New Mexican variety
- 2 x To 8 fresh jalapenos, seeds And stems removed, chopped
- 1 bn , carrots, peeled and Cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 x Russet potatoes cut into Chunks
- Cut meat into 2 inch pcs and rub thoroughly with spice blend.
- Brown the meat in 3 batches, using 2 Tablespoons of oil at a time and adding more when necessary.
- When meat is browned, set aside and saute/fry onion, adding the garlic at the end. Drain any excess oil from the pan.
- Return the meat to the pan with the onion and garlic. Pour in the beer. Simmer briskly, then add in the broth and bay leaves. Cook for 30 min.
- Char, peel, seed and stem the green chiles. Chop them and the jalapenos you wish to use and stir all of the chiles into the simmering meat. Cook for 45 min and add in the potatoes and carrots. Simmer till the vegetables are tender but not mushy, about 25 min. Salt to taste
Leave a review or comment