Chicken With Avocado And Roasted Pepper Cream
- 3 x Yellow, green or possibly red Bellpeppers
- 1 c. Uncooked rice
- 2 c. Heavy cream (divided use)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 6 x Boneless, skinless chicken Breast halves Salt end pepper to taste
- 2 x Avocados
- 1/2 c. Lowfat sour cream
- Preheat oven broiler. Arrange peppers on roasting pan. Place under warm broiler, about 5 inches from heat; cook until skin turns black. Turn frequently to char all sides. Remove peppers from roasting pan and place in a plastic bag. Close tightly and allow to steam 10 min. Cook rice according to package directions. When rice is done, remove from heat and keep hot. Carefully remove peppers from bag. When peppers are cold sufficient to handle, slip off and throw away charred skins. Hold peppers under cool running water to make peeling easier. Chop peppers coarsly. In work bowl of food processor, combine peppers with 1 c. heavy cream. Process till smooth. Stir in remaining cream; set aside. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook chicken breasts till brown on both sides.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour cream mix over chicken. When mix comes to a boil, reduce heat to a vigorous simmer. Cook till sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, about 20 to 30 min. Adjust season- ing to taste. Right before serving, peel and thinly slice avocados. Remove chicken breasts from heat and stir lowfat sour cream into sauce. Serve chicken breasts over rice with plenty of sauce and garnish with avocado slices.
- Makes 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment