Chicken Sausage and Mushroom Lasagna
A amazing Combo of 2 types of Mushrooms, chicken sausage, Zesty fresh tomato sauce, spinach and 3 Kinds of Cheese!~
- 1 pound sweet Chicken sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups finely chopped white onion
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 4 red bell peppers sliced thin
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound portabello mushrooms sliced
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups ricotta
- 2 Cups Spinach
- Six 7” squares instant lasagna
- 2 cups coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In heavy skillet cook sausage over moderate heat stirring and breaking up until cooked.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, white mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook mushrooms over moderate heat stirring until all liquid given off is evaporated.
- Add to sausage then add remaining oil to skillet.
- Cook onion with garlic, rosemary, pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste until softened.
- Stir in bell peppers and tomatoes and cook covered over moderately low heat.
- Stir occasionally until peppers are very soft.
- PurÃ©e tomato pepper mixture in batches then transfer to large saucepan.
- Stir in vinegar then add sausage mixture to sauce and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 then oil a rectangular baking dish.
- In heavy saucepan melt butter over moderately low heat.
- Add flour and cook roux whisking 3 minutes.
- Add milk and in a stream whisking and bring to a boil whisking.
- Stir in portabellos, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste and simmer over low heat.
- Whisk occasionally until thickened. Add in Spinach and ricotta cheese.Set aside
- In large bowl of cold water soak lasagna squares until softened about 15 minutes.
- Drain squares and pat dry between paper towels.
- In small bowl toss together mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spread enough red pepper tomato sauce in prepared dish to coat bottom.
- Over sauce in dish layer 2 lasagna, 1/3 mushroom mix, 1/3 cheese and remaining sauce.
- Repeat twice reversing order of red pepper tomato sauce and cheese at end of last round. Bake lasagna in middle of oven for 40 minutes then allow to stand 10 minutes.
Leave a review or comment