Chicken Pot Pie with Stuffing CrustPrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Marsha Powell5 recipes>
We love chicken pot pie. This one changes things up with the stuffing as the crust instead of a regular pie crust. It's so good on a cool day.
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces, boneless & skinless
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 boxes Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook stuffing according to directions & set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook chicken with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, pour chicken evenly over the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- In that same frying pan, saute all vegetables with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once vegetables are done (softened slightly), sprinkle them evenly over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, soup & flour. Stir constantly (to prevent burning or lumps) over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken & vegetables then stir well to evenly coat.
- Spread stuffing evenly over the chicken & vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Leave a review or comment