Chicken Liver And Lemon Pasta
- 675 gm Chicken livers
- 110 gm Butter
- 8 x Spring onions, sliced
- 1 sprg thyme
- 1 x Clove garlic, crushed Salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Brandy or possibly marsala
- 2 x Lemons, finely grated , zest of
- 675 gm Tagliatelle
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 30 gm Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Trim the chicken livers, removing any greenish parts. Rinse and pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan, add in the spring onions and thyme and sweat till the onions are soft but not coloured. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute further.
- Add in half the chicken livers and cook, turning frequently, till brown on the outside but still pink in the centre. Remove and throw away the sprig of thyme. Put the chicken liver mix into a food processor and process till smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in the frying pan till foaming and cook the remaining chicken livers as before. Add in the brandy or possibly marsala and lemon zest to the pan and cook for 1 further minute.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and return the processed chicken liver mix to the pan. Mix thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in a large saucepan of boiling salted water to that the oil has been added, till al dente. Drain and return to the pan. Add in the chicken liver mix and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a large serving dish, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment