Chicken Fry : Malabar Thani Naadan Kozhi porichathu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Prep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by Preetha4 recipes>
An authentic and simple Chicken fry
- Chicken - 1/2 Kg
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chilly powder - 3-4 Tbsp
- Salt - as required
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Onion - 1 Big
- Tomato - 1 Medium
- Ginger crushed - 1" piece
- Garlic crushed - 2-3
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 Tsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
- Coconut Oil - for shallow frying
- In a deep kadai/pan cook chicken with 1/2 cup water and salt. Chicken should become . Let the water get absorbed.Cool it down.
- In a bowl mix turmeric powder, red chilly powder , salt and coconut oil. Make a paste and marinate chicken for about half an hour. ( Do a taste test of the masala mix, to check its seasoned well..... Ahhhh!!! it might spicy)
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan,and shallow fry chicken pieces. Spread little curry leaves on top. Fry both the sides.
- After frying the whole chicken, in the same oil add fennel seeds,Let it leave its smell. Then add sliced onion, tomato, ginger and garlic crushed. Saute for 5 minutes, Let the masala get coated .
- Add the fried chicken pieces to it. Mix well. Add curry leaves.
- Garnish with Onion rings......
- Serve hot with rice , any roti's... or just like....that......
Leave a review or comment