Chicken Coconut Ginger Curry SoupPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Vivien32 recipes>
Mildly spiced chicken thighs simmered in a broth flavored with coconut, ginger, cinnamon, and curry.
- 1.8 - lbs chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 7 oz water
- 8 oz chicken broth
- 1 seasoning packet Taste of Thai coconut ginger soup
- 2 pinches curry
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly into longitudinal strips (similar to fries)
- 7 stalks of italian parsley ( stems removed, leaves chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- Heat canola oil and saute garlic clove until browned and discard. Brown the chicken thighs.
- In a saucepan or dutch oven, mix the chicken thighs, coconut milk, water, chicken broth, cinnamon stick, potatoes, seasoning packet for coconut ginger soup, cumin, curry, and lime juice.
- Simmer and cook the chicken thighs about 20 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and parsley and cook for another 5 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Serve by itself as soup . Options are to serve over steamed white rice or serve over cooked noodles (I prefer the white bean threads that have been immersed in boiling water until softened and then drained).
Leave a review or comment