Chicken Braised in Coconut MilkPrep: 10 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Kristin Chen1 recipe>
For a more kid-friendly, non-spicy version, just do steps 2-4. It’s still super-moist and delicious – and even faster and easier! On really rushed days, you could even skip the onion/garlic/ginger in step 3 and just add the coconut milk – it’s still good! Serve with steamed rice.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, if you prefer)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (can be from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (can be from a jar)
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Thin red and green bell pepper rings, for garnish
- Mix together first 5 ingredients until smooth. Rub over chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until light brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned. Add the coconut milk and salt, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, for 18-20 minutes, turning the pieces once or twice.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and garnish with pepper rings.
Leave a review or comment